What’s Wrong With Women, Anyway?

I work in an industry of 99% women. I talk to them all day while I wax their faces, tint their brows, and do their makeup. For the last 5 years I've worked closely with the female species, my first job was at a women's clothing consignment shop where I took in women's clothes to sell, my job at Ulta Beauty I was the Benefit Brow Bar Manager, and my job now, owning my own business working with..you guessed it..women. And let me tell you, it has been such a journey. I have come to realize that simply put, a lot of women are something else. Women can be jealous. Women can bring each other down. Women can gossip. Women can be pretty dang nasty sometimes.

And I think so often to myself..Why?


I have come to the conclusion over the years that being this way, is kind of how women seem to be wired. Constantly talking behind each other's backs, trying to one up each other, etc..And it breaks my heart. It doesn't have to be this way.

I wish that every single female was so absolutely in love with herself, her life, and her passions, that she would have no reason to bring other women down. The truth of it is, when you are in love with your life, you WANT to uplift other women. You WANT to see the good in other women. You don't WANT to bring other women down. And let me tell you, it's such an amazing feeling.

I encourage you all to take a second to take a step back and really evaluate yourselves. Do you struggle with these things as a woman? If so, one thing that really helps with not only realizing you might have a problem but also changing yourself, is to truly try to look within and evaluate your life.

Stay Beautiful
-Mak

Comments

Popular Posts