Hardships.

Something that I've really been thinking a lot about lately is hardships in general..And how to stay positive through them. I know, I know, you've heard it all before. You know that staying positive in life helps. But have you ever really thought deeply about this topic?

Since I was pretty little, I've struggled off and on with depression. It's never gotten to the point where I've been suicidal, but every so often I fall into this hole where I feel sad, gloomy, and I seclude myself. So basically, I've had to learn ways to keep myself as positive as possible for years now. And I gotta say, I really do think I have certain things that help. Whether you struggle with depression, someone in your life recently passed, or you're just simply having a rough day..We all go through hardships. And these are a few things that have helped me out during them.

The first and most important thing you need to realize..Is that your life is a GIFT. Your life is precious, amazing, and so very special. If you don't at least realize this..Absolutely nothing I'm going to talk about next is going to make sense or help you. It's as simple as that.

Repeat after me: My life is beautiful. My life is a gift. I am worth it.

Once you have realized this..It's much easier to get through hardships. Because at the end of the day, you view your life as important and worth it. You know that no matter what life throws at you (which is a lot at times), you're gonna get through it. It's WORTH IT to you to get through it.

Another thing that has helped me over the years, is simply just feeling. Sounds funny, doesn't it? But feeling is critical to walking through hell and back and coming out of it being stronger than ever. Most people stuff or choose to ignore things/feelings. I know I used to do this. I came to the realization that accepting any hardships I was going through, and truly feeling the pain, no matter how sad, helped me a lot. Sadness, anger, anxiety..Are all human emotions that are meant to be felt at times. They aren't meant to be stuffed away, as we act happy and like everything is okay with us. So feel hurt, feel pain, feel sadness..But (1) don't let it define you and (2) work on dealing/healing from the pain, so you can start feeling like your amazing and happy self again. Because that's what you deserve.

The third thing that always has helped me is really focusing on what makes me happy. This is not to cover up any pain I'm feeling...But simply to make it a little bit more bearable. For example, whenever I'm going through a hardship I try to do little things like:

-Write out my feelings or write in general
-Order my favorite food (which if you know me, is sushi)
-Read a good book
-Cover a song
-Talk to a loved one
-Take a walk

Of course everyone's going to have their own list of little things that bring them joy. No matter what your list looks like, doing these things (big and small) will make your life much more enjoyable. It's absolutely insane to me how much of a difference it makes. Find your passion, what makes you smile, what makes you light up when you talk about it..And do it. Always do it. Now am I saying go off and become a meth addict because you enjoy it? Not at all. I'm saying as long as it's good, it's healthy..and it's safe..go for it.

I've been considering making this somewhat of a series, basically on ways to deal with things and to be the happiest/best version of yourself possible. Would you like to read something like this? Let me know!

Stay Beautiful

Comments

Popular Posts