Faith In Humanity Restored?♥

Today was one of those days that was just...well just weird. I was so busy I didn't have time to blink. Well that's what it felt like, at least. And then just when I was stressed out enough, I get a call from my mom. I expected it to be something like, you're grandparents are coming over! Or, I'm picking up dinner you want anything? But no. It was the most random and hilarious thing in the world. And this is how it went.
Me: Hello?
Mom: Umm...He..Hey sweetie.
Me: Hey - What's up?
Mom: Oh, well you know how I picked up the mattresses for your room?
Me: Yeah?
Mom: Well . . . They just flew off the roof of my car. 
*Laughing uncontrollably*
Me: Where are they now?
*Silence*
Mom: A...a corn field. 

Yes. I kid you not, that really happened. Thank the Lord it didn't hit anyone behind her or their windshield would be toast. Anyways she went on to tell me that this guy parked next to her, gave her a smile, and asked if he could help. It was a busy street too, so knowing that he did that really warmed my heart. Not only that, he went way out in the field, picked the mattresses up, put them in his truck, and drove them all the way to our house. Plus he helped unload them.

It really got me thinking. This guy, was our saving grace. My mom could not go out in the middle of the muddy field and pick them up, she'd be too weak. This guy took the time out of his day to help a stranger in need. How rare is that these days? It made me realize that although the media pretty much idolizes bad things that happen, like shooting, rape, etc..There is still good in this world. That I need to be that way. I need to help people more. I need to be as caring as that man and show people that although there is much bad in this world, there is also much, much good.

I now have more faith in humanity than I ever have.

Ah, the inspiration of people. It's a wonderful thing, is it not?

Stay Beautiful♥

-Mak 

Comments

Popular Posts