Being True To Yourself.


Something that bothers me in our world today is trends. Now I'm not saying I'm against all of them. In fact, some are pretty freakin' awesome. Like the Hunger Games? Heck yeah. Bringing back the 80's? Yes please. But these days, our world is overtaken by trends. It leaves us not knowing who we really are inside. Life isn't meant to become someone your not. It's too short to pretend. One of the best people (in my opinion) who lives this out is Johnny Depp. Now I'm not just saying this because I love the guy to death. Well maybe. But take his style for example. Do you ever see any man walk around looking like him? Not really. He's unique. He's different. I look up to people like that. Because anyone can walk around living by trends. Anyone can conform. But it takes guts to stay true to yourself and not change because of other people.

A quote I think sums this up pretty well is this.

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
~Judy Garland

Stay beautiful

-Mak

Popular Posts